Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Checking in from treatment #9

Hello all! Just a quick check-in - Scott's chemo was postponed from Monday to today because of the 4th of July holiday. All is going well and he'll be home before midnight this time! I'm a bit heartbroken today because this is the first treatment I'm not there for. :( I got a new job, which is a great thing, but bad because I am no longer consulting and have the flexibility to be there as I once did. I knew it was going to be hard, but I didn't think it would be this hard. Of course Neil is there with him and that makes me happy, but I miss him terribly. (He's actually probably grateful for me not being there to nag him! lol) My new boss is kind and understanding and I will still take time off for the really important appointments and happenings. I will also still be keeping everyone updated as best I can via the blog.

He's going to post next, but not tonight. The next inpatient treatment is also being postponed a week because of this one being rescheduled, so I will be changing the calendar. We're a week behind now, but still going strong - he's still on track to be done with chemo on Halloween (that is if he doesn't get bumped again for Labor Day). I'm hoping that even radiation will be done by the end of year so we can just cross 2011 off the list and move on to 2012! We still don't have an update about the radiation schedule - we'll know more about that in a few weeks.

As always, we hope everyone is doing well and that they had a great 4th!

Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment