Thursday, July 7, 2011

More Behind Me than in Front of Me

Hey everyone.  It's Scott this time.  I know it's been a while since I posted, but this is a milestone I wanted to share with you.  First I need to thank Amy for keeping up with the blog.  She does a fantastic job with it.

Well, my 9th treatment is now complete.  That is a lot of treatments, especially considering that a lot of cancer patients would have been done by now.  And I still have a lot left to go (8 more treatments).  But the great thing is that there are more treatments behind me than in front of me.  I still can't believe that I've made it this far.  It seems like it was just a couple weeks ago that my oncologist was telling me "17 treatments" (that got me to cry more than hearing I had cancer!!), and now I only have 8 left.  I can't tell you how happy that makes me. What makes me even happier is knowing all the well wishes and prayers I get from all of you.  It's what keeps me going.

As Amy said in the previous post, we don't know about radiation yet.  We will be meeting with the radiologist before I am admitted for my next treatment, July 25th.  At that time, I am assuming I will find out how much radiation therapy I will need.  My guess is a minimum of a couple of weeks, but hopefully less.  When I find out, I will let you know.

Also, as Amy said, my next treatment needed to be postponed 1 week, which I guess is a good and bad thing.  I didn't want to postpone it, but I have to admit it will be nice not to have to spend my birthday in the hospital.  I really don't want to push any treatment out so I can be done with all of this that much sooner, but what can you do.  The thing that sucks now is that my next outpatient will be on Amy's birthday.  I hate that and do not want her to be thinking about it on that day.  Maybe I can see if I can do it on Tuesday instead.  Will have to ask about that one.

Other than that, I am feeling good.  Got some sleep today, which was great, but I am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.  I hope you are all doing well.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment