Sunday, April 10, 2011

Night before my third treatment

Well, it's Sunday night.  Tomorrow morning, we head back down to Miami.  If I'm being truthful, it's really not bad.  Out of a 17 to 18 hour day at the Cancer Center, the part that truly sucks is a window of about 45 minutes to an hour.  After that (and before it), it's really just being hooked up to a hydration bag.  And then of course there is a lot peeing!!

Of course, the anxiety is back.  I now know what to expect, but I don't know how much of what I went through last time was the result of me making myself sick in anticipation of what was to come, or what because of the drugs.  I'm pleading with whatever may be out there to help me get through this, but after the hour or so of "pushers" begin complete (pushers = chemo in three syringes injected -vs- drip bag), I should be ok.  I'm going in prepared: DVD player, my book (of course), iPod, The West Wing and i'm having Dad bring his backgammon game to play (was fun when I learned last time I was in the hospital).

Well, I'm off to pack, have dinner and get to bed early.  I won't be posting tomorrow, but I will have Amy post an update.  Talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment