Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Another day


Hey everybody.  I know I’m a day late for this, but hey, better late than never.  Well, I am back from the hospital and couldn’t be happier.  I’m home, not hooked up to an IV (it is so nice not to have to pee every 15/30 mins), have my dogs to play with and my house to roam around.

The time in the hospital really wasn’t too bad.  If all my in-patient treatments go like last week, I will be beyond thrilled.  Wasn’t nauseated at all (at least not until the ride home.  Even after 7 pm, you need to drive like a maniac to go from the Dolphin to get onto 95 and then to the turnpike.  Talk about a nauseous ride home!!), had an appetite, decent room and decent food.

Got some great news too.  On the first day, my oncologist told me that they were looking over the results from the bone marrow biopsy and found some troubling news.  They found that the chromosomal count was abnormal (very similar to the site of the tumor), which could suggest that the cancer had spread through my pelvis.  Most likely I would have to repeat the bone marrow biopsy after a couple more treatments to see where we stand.  I wanted to cry right there about the biopsy (not because of the cancer).  That had to be one of the most painful things I have ever experienced.  The news about the cancer having possibly spread wasn’t good.  But here comes the good news.  On the second day (I think), my doctor came in and said it was a mistake.  My chromosome count from the biopsy site was completely normal.  Talk about having your spirits go from the gutter to flying high!!

Other than that, not much to tell.  Today is another day.  Pretty nauseous at the moment, but it’ll pass.  The pain in my leg is still there, but it’s manageable.  Looking forward to the weekend to getting back to normal.  Hope you are all well and thank you again for all the prayers and well wishes.

3 comments:

  1. You are a brave soul.
    Thank god on the good news.
    Lets get more news like that.
    I love you, nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now that you have finished one in patient and one out patient, I am sure you will at least not have to fight the fear of the unknown going forward. We are really glad that is was less of an ordeal for you than you anticipated, but then boredom can also be a painful thing .

    Keep posting, I am off to Singapore tomorrow but will follow you on the blog and Skype.

    Love, Greg & Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scott I hope you feel ok, Greg and i will be back soon Love You

    ReplyDelete