Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fever's can be a bitch

Hey everyone.  Well, I'm home from the hospital.  Got home yesterday and was pretty tired.  I unfortunately couldn't go to a friends wedding last night, so I stayed home.  Really bummed about that since I was looking forward to Amy and I going.  She got a dress that she looks phenomenal in.  I probably couldn't have danced with her, but I really wanted to go.

Other than that, I stayed in, relaxed and rested.  I slept really good last night and for part of the day and am feeling better (not that I was really feeling "bad" when I had a fever).  The good news, no infections.  I think the type of fever is called a Neutropenic Fever.  This type of fever can happen when your cell counts are low after a chemo treatment.  This was true for me.  The immune booster shots I take weren't supposed to start until Friday, so my cell counts were low.  Now that I am taking the shots, my cell counts are going back up.

Well, tomorrow, I am going to try to go back to work (especially since I am scheduled to be back in the hospital a week from Monday for my next in-patient treatment), but I will be taking it as it comes.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and I thank everyone for there thoughts and prayers.  I love you all and will post again soon with any updates.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you're feeling better and no infections associated with the fever. Keeping you in my prayers!!! Stay TOUGH!!!
    -Val (your lil, big Sis)

    ReplyDelete