Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Treatment #5 Completed

Hey everybody.  Just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing ok.  My energy level has really gone down and I seem to be tired all of the time, but other than that, I feel pretty good.  Finished my 3rd out-patient treatment late Monday night.  We got out a little earlier than usual, not much, but I'll take what I can get.  I can't tell you how good it felt to take a shower and wash off all the hospital crud off of me.  Talk about feeling refreshed.  Felt so good afterwards.  Then I was able to sleep for about 8 hours or so which also greatly helped.  Especially since it was straight through.  It's a rare night for me to sleep all the way through without waking up at least once or twice.

I spoke with Liz, my PA and she told me that I have an appointment on Friday, May 20th to go back in for a CT Scan.  We were expecting this.  This is to see the how much the tumor has shrunk (if at all) from the Chemo.  I'm sure it has, since the pain isn't what it used to be.  I can now walk normally, but still tend to limp as it does hurt a bit.  I haven't needed any of the harder pain meds in a while and haven't even need any of the Excedrin (except for a headache from time to time).  So before I am admitted for my next treatment, we will go over the scans and have a better idea of where my treatments will go from here (surgery, radiation or both).

Hard to believe that I've had 5 ttreatments already.  Before I know it, I'll be passed the half-way mark.  And then be done sometime in October (if my body can handle the decreased time between chemo treatments).  I hope so.  I really would love to start the 2012 with a smile on my face and maybe some hair back on my head.

1 comment: