Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One Long Year


Hey everybody.  I know I haven’t posted in a while, but after yesterday’s final treatment, I wanted to share some thoughts.

It has been a long year to say the least.  I remember back when I was diagnosed (February 14th), having cancer wasn’t so bad (don’t ask me why it felt that way), but having to through 17 treatments……that’s when the tears started flowing.  I just didn’t know how I was going to make it through a full year of chemo.  There is one thing I didn’t count on though, and that is all of you.

I was and am still amazed at the amount love and support from all of you.  Both friends and family have always been willing to talk when I wanted too, and even to just back off, if that’s what I needed.  I cannot tell you how much that has meant to me over the past year.

I also want to give a big thank you to all of nurses that have been with me as well (Sylvester – Deerfield Beach, Sylvester Miami – CTU and UM Hospital – Floor 11 North).  These men and women are unparalleled in what they do.  They are amazing people who have endless compassion and a nack for cheering people up when they are at their most vulnerable.

The other two people I have to give a special thank you are to my incredible wife Amy, and my father Neil.  Without these two people, there is no way I could’ve gotten through this.  There is absolutely no way I can ever truly thank them.  Amy / Dad, I love you both more than I can say.  Thank you!!

I know Amy talked about the next course of the treatment, so I won’t go into that now.  When we know more, we’ll update everyone.

Thank you again to everybody.  It is so very much appreciated.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment