Monday, November 7, 2011

Hooray!! Today is the last chemo treatment!

Hello friends and family!

The last chemo treatment is underway!  Today is an outpatient treatment, so we should be done by about midnight.  I'm amazed by his strength and courage - he's been so brave and such a fighter.  I'm more proud of him that I can put into words.

Scott has plans to write a big post in the next day or so to close this chapter of his journey.  In the meantime, a quick update about next steps:

We have an appointment with the surgical oncologist on 11/14, where we will hopefully make the final decision to proceed with radiation.  We meet with the radiologist for another consultation on 11/18.  We'll be able to update everyone around that time.  Radiation (if that's what he's going to do) won't likely start until the first week of December, so he is looking forward to going to a break.  I guess we'll have to rename the blog to "Scott's Radiation Adventure" at that time.  :)

I can tell you one of the first things he's going to do (after a couple weeks and his counts are up) is go to a Movie!  He's had to refrain from going to Movie Theaters since starting chemo.  I forsee a Thanksgiving movie (or two) in our future. 

We hope all is well with all of you.  Talk to you soon!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of Scott and I am happy that he finished his treatment. Wish the best for both of you..God bless Scott for his courage and Amy for her strength.
    Dimaris.... Waiting for you at work to come back to normal, lol....We missed you..

    ReplyDelete