Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Checking in

Friends and Family,

We are still doing our best to keep Scott as comfortable as possible.  The care he has been receiving at the hospice facility has been good.  He is sleeping all the time now and is no longer lucid or talking at all.  It's been devastating to watch him fighting with the pain and the anxiety, but now he's only stirring occasionally.  It's so frustrating to me that the cancer rapidly took over his body in the last several months, but the time it's taking for the suffering to end has been excruciatingly slow.  We all just want his suffering to end and for him to be at peace.  I'm not sure if he's still fighting inside or it's just the fact that, before cancer, he was totally healthy and strong - this isn't supposed to happen at his age.  It's so painful to watch my beautiful husband going through this.  Please keep praying that he can be taken home and be with the loved ones he's lost soon.

I will write a post when I can to check in with you all.  For those of you unaware of Jewish traditions, the funeral will be held very quickly after he passes - likely within 48 hours.  I won't be able to give you much more notice than that. 

There are no words to convey the gratitude myself and his family have for all of the support and kindness we have received.  There's so many messages I have not been able to respond to yet.  Please know that I am getting them and so appreciate them.  I know many of you have worried that I am alone and please be assured I am surrounding by love and support.  My family is here and taking care of me, our home and puppies.  Scott's family (which is large) are all here for me, as well.  I will have a long, different type of journey ahead after he passes, and my friends and family are all "on deck" to be there for when I'm ready for them.  Many of you (you know who you are) have been patiently waiting for this part of the struggle to pass and understand that I will need you more for the next part - thank you for that.

Love to you all,
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Amy:
    I am keeping you and Scott in my prayers !

    Jean R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy moments, praise God.
    Difficult moments, seek God.
    Quiet moments,worship God
    Painful moments,trust God
    Every moment, thank God

    My friend posted this on facebook and thought i would share it here.

    Jean R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,

    This is devastating but you are so strong. I am so sorry this is happening to both of you. He is to young to have to deal with this. Prayers for both of you.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete