Sunday, April 22, 2012

An update - we've moved

Friends and Family, We have had to move Scott to a hospice facility today. While he was getting good care at home, the care he needs the most requires him to be in a facility so that they can give him IV medication and keep him more comfortable. The oral medications were not doing enough to control the pain and anxiety he is experiencing. He's been aware of what is going on most of the time (that started to noticebly decline yesterday and today) and he is scared. He doesn't want to die. It is the most horrible thing I have ever had to witness in my life. We made the right decision to move him and hope to have him feeling more comfortable soon. We are now on the Hospice floor at Florida Medical Center in Lauderdale Lakes. http://www.fmc-campus.com/en-US/Careers/Pages/default.aspx. As the evil cancer continues to take over, his ability to hold normal conversations is almost gone. I expect that with the increase in medicine, that will continue to be the case. He has been able to say his goodbyes, and we have been able to say ours. We all just want him to be at peace now. Please hope and pray for his comfort and a speedy, peaceful passing. I will continue to keep everyone posted as best as I can. Thank you to all that have sent their love and support and to the family and friends that are helping us get through this. Sadly, the hard part is nowhere near over - life without Scott will never be the same. With Love, Amy

5 comments:

  1. Lots of love to you both. Call or text if you need anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am so sorry about your husband's illness. I pray that he will fall into Jesus' arms and rest in Him. I pray for peace and strength over you. I love you and I am praying for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I have just connected to you via Elena and Charity Wings Club TLC. I sent you a card which you should receive shortly but didn't know about the blog until now. I am completely stunned at your courage and bravery for sharing all of this. This is amazing energy that you are putting out there, touching and inspiring many lives. It may be hard to believe, but you are doing the right thing and there WILL BE good to come of it. Believe this. Sending much love your way, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy I read this with tears and pray that Scott will see his Mom and Aunt Pam soon so his pain will go away. I also pray to God asking him to hold his arms around you giving you even more strength to endure the most difficult time in your lives. Love to you both. David and Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have Herpes in your whole body such as fever blisters, hsv, or roofing shingles you know what it is like to stay with the pain and discomfort that herpes delivers. I don't need to tell you how awesome it would be to find something that works so well that you no longer need to fear about stress or outbreak,Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my herpes in two weeks of taking it.is genuine and natural herbal medicine it has no side effect, The reason I'm writing this is that I promised Dr Itua I will share his herbal work to the world to see Herpes is no more a big deal.also Dr Itua can as well cure the following diseases...HIV,Hsv 1/2,Hepatitis B,Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer,Leukuemia Cancer,Lung Cancer,Brain CANCER,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Diabetes, Men/Woman Infertility, Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Facator V Leiden Mutation , Lottery Spell,Copd, Shingles,Fibroid, Fibromyalgia, Liver/Kidney Inflamotry, Epilepsy,Hpv,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Cold Sore, Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic Asthma. Here His Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp Phone.+2348149277976. I paid for his herbal medicine and sent it to me through Courier Service which I pick it urgently and used.

    ReplyDelete